Learn the basics of kayaking and water safety while seeing Cleawox Lake at Honeyman State Park from a different perspective. Join local experts, paddling enthuasists, and beginners on this event that will teach you the basics, and have you out on the lake learning about the local fauna and flora. The program and tour will begin at the Cleawox Day Use Area; from there we will make around Cleawox Lake exploring the sights and sounds.
We provide the kayaks, PFDs, and paddles. 12 years old and above for single kayaks (300 lbs. limit). 6 years old and above accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old for tandem kayaks (500 lbs. limit). An agreement and waiver form must be completed and signed before participating on the tour.
What you need to bring:
· Sun protection (sunscreen, glasses, hat)
· Plenty of water and snacks/lunch
· Shoes you don’t mind getting wet
· Water proof or quick drying clothing (avoid cotton please)
· Change of dry clothes
· Gloves can help with paddling but are not necessary
· Emergency contact number that will not be on tour
For more information, please contact Coastal Region Coordinator Paul Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 272-7394.