AUG 16-18: Join us at Willamette Mission State Park for a fully guided weekend outing for beginning campers of ALL ages. With hands-on lessons, nature hikes and fun family activities, Let’s Go Camping makes camping easy. A group of expert staff and volunteers stay on site to assist you every step of the way and prepare you to recreate independently. So what are you waiting for? Let’s Go Camping!
All events feature these sessions:
- Camping basics & tent set-up
- Equipment care & maintenance
- Leave No Trace (outdoor ethics)
- The 10 essentials of safe hiking
- Fire building & safety
- Campfire and Dutch oven cooking
And ... depending upon your chosen park location, other activities may include:
- Ranger-led hikes
- Tide pooling
- Kid's programs
- Disc golfing
- Nature arts & crafts
- Night sky interpretation
- Owl prowls & bat chats!
- There is a limit of 8 people per family and the $30 fee applies to the group.
- In the quantity field, please enter the total number of people in your family attending the event, up to a maximum of 8.
- You will receive an email within 48 hours after reserving your camping spots requesting additional information for your family’s gear needs. Your reservation is not final until you complete the information requested.
- Sorry, but due to the social, group nature of this activity, pets are not allowed at this event.